Friday, April 11, 2014

Guarding My Heart with S.C. Wynne

Today I’m sitting down with Liam Carlington and Scott Jackson from Guarding My Heart.

Hello, guys. Introduce yourselves. I’m Liam Carlington. My parents own the Carlington Winery and I am an admitted spoiled, pampered rich kid.

Scott Jackson. Body guard. I’m here to replace Joe the other bodyguard who got his ass kicked and a knife in the gut.

What are you struggling with, Liam? My ex-lover left me for a woman. It was a horrible shock because he was my childhood crush, and I thought he was the love of my life.

What about you, Scott? Are you struggling from thing from the past? Yes. I lost a client and it has haunted me ever since. I took some time off to try and grapple with it.

Liam, do you think a body guard should be able to protect you from anything you get yourself into? Not all of them. But I trust Scott with my life. There is something about him that makes me feel safe. I believe he would lay down his life for me.

Scott, is this just a job to you? No. It was when I first got here. Regardless, I would lay my life on the life for my client. That’s why they hire me. But with Liam, it’s personal. No one is getting past me if I have any breath left in my body.

Liam, do you see a future with Scott? Yes. I feel a connection with him that I haven’t felt since Paul broke my heart. But to be honest this is different because I hid who I was from Paul because he would have judged me. Scott accepts me for who I am.

Scott, do you think Liam’s family will be okay with you two being together? I do. Liam’s family has been very welcoming and they want Liam to be happy. Regardless of their wealth, they are very down to earth.

What do you see in your future Liam? I see possibilities I never knew existed.

Scott, same question. I see hope. I love Liam and I am willing to do whatever it takes to be near him.

BLURB:
Liam Carlington is a spoiled rich kid. He’s been acting out since his childhood love, Paul devastated him by marrying a woman. Liam drops out of school and is drinking and partying way too much. When his current bodyguard is injured in a bar fight, a new bodyguard replaces him.
His new protector, Scott Jackson is gorgeous, and tough. He’s back after a break from the job after losing a client. He’s attracted to his new charge, and Liam is aggressive about how much he would love to get Scott in bed. But Scott is worried Liam is just a using him for a sexual fling.
As much as Scott would love to give into Liam sexually, he knows there is someone out there who has threatened Liam’s life. It complicates matters that Scott is beginning to lose his professional distance from Liam. Can these two damaged men let go of their fears, and help each other mend?

EXCERPT:
“No, I’m serious. How involved do you get with your clients and their…needs?”
 
Scott gave a dry laugh, but the look he shot me let me know he was not amused. “This childish bullshit might work with your parents, but it won’t work with me.”

People only said that kind of crap when it was working on them. So I kept on. “A guy in your line of work must get lonely.”

“Knock it the hell off, Liam,” he ground out. “I’m coming with you. I’ll try not to cramp your style.”

“Maybe we can have a threesome. Is that what you’re hoping for?” I sneered.

He moved so fast I didn’t even see it coming. Next thing I knew my back was slammed up against an oak tree, and Scott had me by the collar with both hands. His face was inches from mine, his full lips almost touching my mouth. Scott’s gaze was anything but calm and cool now. He looked provoked and a little turned on. Maybe all that talk of a threesome was like foreplay to this tough guy.

“You’re such a spoiled brat,” he breathed. “I ought to let you go alone. With any luck you’d get your ass kicked.”

“I can take care of myself,” I spat out.

His icy gaze paused on my mouth, and I felt a stirring at his expression. Attraction was smoldering in his blue azure eyes, but that need wrestled with extreme irritation. I could feel the heat of his lower body next to mine, and he was hard against my thigh. His breath was sweet and warm on my cheek. For a split second, I thought he was going to plant his mouth on mine, and the jolt of excitement that shot through me was shocking. Then he let go so fast I almost fell over.

I straightened and adjusted my shirt, trying not to look as disturbed as I felt. “Jesus, maybe I need a bodyguard to protect me from my bodyguard.”

“We need to get something straight,” he growled. “If you go out tonight, I’ll be there. If you stay home, I’ll be there. The sooner you get that through your thick skull, the better we’ll get along.” He let out a breath as if trying to calm himself. “This isn’t a game to me.”

“No, this is your bread and butter. You make good money feeding off the fear and paranoia of others.”

“What should we do it for? The pleasure of your company?” he asked. “And we don’t cause the fear and paranoia.”

“Just don’t try coming off like you’re some noble samurai.”

“Liam, I’m just trying to do my job.” He looked like he wanted to say something else but stopped.

“That’s my point. This should be an easy gig for you. Don’t take it so seriously.”

“I kind of have to.” Scott looked up at the sky, frustrated. “You need to have a talk with your father.”

“What about?”

“It’s not my place to say. That’s why I’m suggesting you have a heart-to-heart with your old man,” Scott said.

“Um, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but my dad and I don’t have a warm and fuzzy heart-to-heart type of relationship.”

“Fine. Have a business discussion. It doesn’t matter what you call it, but you need to ask your father about a letter he got a couple of weeks ago.” Scott started walking again, and I followed.

“What letter?”

“Talk to your dad. He has something to tell you. I don’t.” Scott threw the comment over his shoulder.

“For Christ’s sake, just tell me,” I griped.

“I would.” He hesitated. “But I wouldn’t want to feed your fear and paranoia.”

~*~
BUY:  Loose Id (all formats available)  Amazon     
 
BIO:
 S.C. Wynne started writing m/m in 2013 and did look back once. She wanted to say that because it seems everyone's bio says they never looked back and, well S.C. Wynne is all about the joke. She loves writing m/m and her characters are usually a little jaded, funny and ultimately redeemed through love.
S.C loves red wine, margaritas, and Seven and Seven's. Yes, apparently S.C. Wynne is incredibly thirsty. S.C. Wynne loves the rain and should really live in Seattle but instead has landed in sunny, sunny, unbelievably sunny California. Writing is the best profession she could have chosen because S.C. is a little bit of a control freak. To sit in her pajamas all day and pound the keys of her laptop controlling the every thought and emotion of the characters she invents is a dream come true.
If you'd like to contact S.C. Wynne she is amusing herself on Facebook at all hours of the day or you can contact her at scwynne@dslextreme.com


 

 

2 comments: